- Indian Ocean Dynamics
- Ocean Modeling
- Physical-Biological Interactions in the Ocean
- Ph.D., (Oceanography), Indian Institute of Science, 1996
- M.Sc.[Engg.], (Oceanography), Indian Institute of Science, 1992
- M. Sc., (Oceanography), Cochin University of Sci. & Tech., 1987
- B. Sc., (Physics, Maths and Chemistry), University of Calicut, 1984
- Professor, CAOS, IISc, Bangalore, 2011 onwards
- Associate Professor, CAOS, IISc, Bangalore, 2005 - 2011
- Assistant Professor, CAOS, IISc, Bangalore, 1999 - 2005
- Senior Researcher, Frontier Research Centre for Global Change, Tokyo, Japan, October 1997 April 1999
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Tokyo, Japan, Sep. 1996 Sep. 1997
- Research Fellow, National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, Inda, August 1987 July 1990
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, 2009.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2008, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. India. Received from the Prime Minister of India on 20 December 2008.
- AGU Journal highlight and press release for the paper titled Indian Ocean response to anomalous conditions in 2006 published in Geophysical Research Letters, 2 Aug 2007 (http://www.agu.org/journals/scripts/ highlight.php?pid=2007GL030194).
- Frontier Research Award for Excellence in Research, 1998, Frontier Research Centre for Global Change, Japan.