- Ph.D., 1994, McGill University, Canada (Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences), Dean¿s Honor list, Prof. Peter Yau (Thesis Advisor).
- M.Sc, 1988, University of Poona, India (Physics) - Distinction.
- B.Sc, 1986, Vivekananda College, University of Madras, India (Physics).
- 1994 - 1996: Visiting Scientist, GFDL/Princeton University, Princeton, NJ.
- 1996 - 1998: Staff Research Associate, UCLA/LLNL, Livermore, CA.
- 1998-2003: Physicist, Term Employee, LLNL, Livermore, CA.
- 2003-2008: Physicist, FTE (permanent), LLNL, Livermore, CA.
- 2008-present: Associate Professor, Centre for Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Global climate change
- Earth System Modeling - Coupled Climate and Carbon Cycle modeling
- Land use change and its impacts on climate and carbon cycle
- Radiative forcing and climate sensitivity
- Climate modeling of geoengineering
- High-resolution climate modeling
- Title: On the interaction between Slantwise Convection and Marine Cyclones.